With “Global Spellcheck” tool you can spellcheck all topics in your project at once. First click “Options” and check that correct dictionaries are selected. Then click “Run” and wait for the process to finish. When it’s done the table will show you misspelled words, what topics are they in and suggestions for each word. Click on a suggestion to see other suggestions.
Now you need to select action for each word. Default is “Replace”, e.g. this word will be replaced by the one in the “Suggestions” column. Another options are:
– Ignore – this word will be ignored in further checks.
– Add to dict – this word will be added to your custom dictionary.
When you have set up all actions you can click “Apply” and the required changes will be made.
With “Screenshots” tool you can capture active windows and store captured images to the project’s Image Library. You have the following options:
– “File name format”. Here you can specify naming rule for captured images. You can use several predefined placeholders:
Caption of the captured window
Extension of the image format (see below)
– “Image Format” – specifies image format to store images to. You can select between PNG, BMP, JPEG and GIF.
– “Create topic” – if this option is checked then right after a window is stored to the library Helpinator creates topic with the same name containing captured image.
– “Append to topic” – if this option is checked and topic is selected from the drop-down list, Helpinator adds captured image to the end of the topic.
– “Background width” – specify what part of the active window background to capture along with the window itself. For example, if set to 30 pixels, then Helpinator will capture active window and surroundings with 30 pixels to the left, right, top and bottom. Set to 0 if you don’t want to capture background.
– “Background Effect” – select effect to apply to the background of the window. You can select from Blur, Darken, Pixelate and so on.
– “Drop shadow” – check this if you want active window to have a shadow on the background.
All this options combined allow you to take screenshots like this:
– “Hotkey” – select hotkey to trigger screen capture. Default is “Ctrl-Alt-S”
To start capturing images click on “Start” button.
With “Context IDs” tool you can view and edit all Context IDs assigned to topics in your project. When you edit Context ID value in the corresponding column changes automatically propagate to topic itself. Now you don’t need to browse through topics when you need to change all or several Context IDs and once.
Note that you can use “Topic Titles and Ids” report to print context ID of all topics in the project.
Also you can automatically generate header files for C++, VB and Delphi with topic identifiers and Context IDs using “Main Menu->Tools->Generate headers”.
– New “Tools” node in the project tree view. All project tools will be under this node.
– 3 new tools – “Context IDs”, “Screenshot”and “Global Spellcheck”.
Context IDs – allows you to alter context ID’s of all topics in the project.
Screenshot – this is a basic screenshot tool capable of capturing active window with part of it’s background, applying effects to background (like Blur or Pixelate) and “Drop shadow” effect. It stores captured images to the Image Library where you can edit them and add annotations. Also you can automatically create topics with captured image or append image to existing topic.
Global Spellcheck – with this tool you can check spelling in all topics of the project. The tool will show all misspelled words along with a list of suggestions.
– Spellchecker options added – now you can select which dictionaries to use.
– New dictionaries added – “Afrikaans”, “Bulgarian”, “Polish”, “Swedish”.
1. New storage formats:
– single file, zip-compatible: *.hpz
– folder storage, project has many files stored in one folder – good for CVS
All data is now in plain XML format.
2. Global named styles. Now you can define formatting and use it in many topics.
3. Better HTML output. More compact CSS file and new Web help interface with “Index” and “Search” tabs.
4. Faster and better PDF output. Now Helpinator generates PDF files with hyperlinks – to other topics and sites. Table of Contents now consists of links too.
5. Cloned images. Now library image can be a “clone” of another library image. Cloned images share the same background. This is extremely useful when you need to add different annotations to the same basic screenshot.