With “Screenshots” tool you can capture active windows and store captured images to the project’s Image Library. You have the following options:
– “File name format”. Here you can specify naming rule for captured images. You can use several predefined placeholders:
|WINCAP||Caption of the captured window|
|EXT||Extension of the image format (see below)|
– “Image Format” – specifies image format to store images to. You can select between PNG, BMP, JPEG and GIF.
– “Create topic” – if this option is checked then right after a window is stored to the library Helpinator creates topic with the same name containing captured image.
– “Append to topic” – if this option is checked and topic is selected from the drop-down list, Helpinator adds captured image to the end of the topic.
– “Background width” – specify what part of the active window background to capture along with the window itself. For example, if set to 30 pixels, then Helpinator will capture active window and surroundings with 30 pixels to the left, right, top and bottom. Set to 0 if you don’t want to capture background.
– “Background Effect” – select effect to apply to the background of the window. You can select from Blur, Darken, Pixelate and so on.
– “Drop shadow” – check this if you want active window to have a shadow on the background.
All this options combined allow you to take screenshots like this:
– “Hotkey” – select hotkey to trigger screen capture. Default is “Ctrl-Alt-S”
To start capturing images click on “Start” button.