Helpinator launches campaign to support software developers from European countries that face serious problems these days. All summer long Helpinator Professional will cost only 30USD for the developers from Greece, Spain and Portugal. Contact email@example.com for special coupon code.
– Updated documentation
– UI tweaks
Q: Why there’s no “copy code” button for code snippets in CHM and WebHelp?
A: Incorporating “copy code” button requires some non-js code, Flash in particular, and that will make your CHM help files completely unusable because of security settings users may have. To copy a code snippet content from CHM file just double click it to select it entirely and click Ctrl+C.
This Friday (20th of April, 2012) we are going to run a huge sale. 60% off all Helpinator editions, but for one day only. Be prepared!
Use coupon code APRIL20.
- Reworked screenshot capture, added optional mouse cursor capture, capture region and other improvements
- Added WebHelp left sidebar styles
- New CHM/WebHelp templates with synchronised UI styles for CHM and WebHelp
To get your 50% discount use coupon code FEB2012. Offer expires on March 1st, 2012.
– Added style selectors in the topic editor
– Added WebHelp companions – support for Google Analytics, Disqus and AddThis services. You can see example use in our WebHelp.
– Added styles for Step-by-Step Guides
– Now spellchecker language switches automatically when changing current project language.
– Added hyperlinks for shapes in image editor
– Added “Insert Image library” topic editor tool button
– Added “Insert Snippet” topic editor tool button and context menu item
– Added “Insert Code Snippet” topic editor tool button and context menu item
Version 3.7 introduces new feature – “Code Snippets”. Essentially, “code snippet” is a formatted portion of code you use in your help file to show how to use your library, document API or something like that. Helpinator now has “Code snippets” manager, code editor with syntax highlighting and a new pseudo-tag to insert code snippets into editor.
Here’s how it looks like.
Code snippets manager. You can hide it from the tree and show again using the visibility control button on the left.
You can add, rename and delete snippets and also import them from the file.
Code editor looks like this:
It has cut/copy/paste/import from file toolbar buttons and syntax selector.
To insert code snippet into topic editor use “CODE” pseudo-tag like this:
On compile time Helpinator will turn a snippet into corresponding format. Here how it looks like in CHM:
And in PDF:
In this update:
– Added “Code Snippets”
– Added option to auto-collapse tree on project open
– Unicode improvements