You might know that Delphi XE2 comes with a new framework for cross-platform rich graphics applications called Firemonkey. There were a couple of Firemonkey-related contests already that focused on useful business applications and… we think that was booooring.
So here’s the idea. Remember how demoscene squeezed 200% out of 8-bit computers? Well, let’s squeeze 200% out of Firemonkey. Let’s create demo apps that will make people say “Wow!!!” and hold their breath. And we’ll tell the rest of the world that Delphi is still alive and kicking ass.
How to participate:
1. Create an absolutely insane and visually stunning Firemonkey app. It doesn’t have to do anything meaningful, but no problem if it does 🙂
2. Take 3-5 screenshots and optionally record demo video; post it to Flickr and YouTube respectively with “firemonkey contest” tags.
3. Upload source code and binaries as one zip archive to one of the file sharing services
4. Compile a small text presentation with links from steps 2 and 3, and send it to email@example.com
We’ll post it in this blog under “Delphi Contest” category. Then you tell everybody you know to vote for your app in that post. The one that gets the biggest number of “Likes”, retweets and “+1” (combined), wins.
– Helpinator Professional life-time license
– 100USD Amazon gift certificate
– Fame and respect 🙂
We accept new participants until 1st of August. We’ll announce results on August 10th.
Good luck, and please share this post with other Delphi devs you know 🙂